Friday, August 27, 2010

Total Gym XLS




Overview


Discover how easy it is to get fit and stay in shape with the Total Gym XLS home gym! Endorsed by Chuck Norris & Christie Brinkley, the Total Gym XLS comes complete with a total fitness system of workouts and workout tools to take all the guesswork out of getting into shape. With Total Gym's top of the line model you'll receive the highest quality home gym with unbeatable savings. The XLS features: 400 lb weight capacity for total strength and stability, an upgraded comfort system, pulley and cable system and squat stand, flexible nylon strap handles, padded glideboard with head support, chrome package, wing attachment, leg pull accessory and Pilates kit. Exercise capability - Over 80 exercises targeting all muscle groups for cardio, strength training and stretching all on 1 machine, plus 5 workout DVDs, an exercise wall chart, training deck and nutritional program/meal planning guide. No assembly required. Folds for easy storage. Dimensions Unfolded: 19" W x 90" L x 43" H, Dimensions Folded: 19" W x 51" L x 9" H


More Info Click Here


Customer Review


I purchased this as my first piece of equipment for my home gym. I had been contemplating the Total Gym since 2004 and finally took the leap. What a great product! It came assembled, but did take some finesse to set up because it was heavier than I expected. Nonetheless, it's "heavy size" is good because it is a stable and solid machine.

The best features are as follows:
1) Deck of cards -- there is a variety of workouts and makes it easy for me because it pre-plans rather than having to go in and plan out an efficient workout. It takes 3 minutes to order the deck of cards for my workout and I am ready to go.
2) The ease of the machine -- it slides smoothly, there is no noise, and it feels more consistent than some of the pieces of equipment at my local gym.
3) Results -- I felt immediate results and the progress seems to be better than at my local gym. This machine helps in ensuring proper form and it is a better alternative to free weights at home. I feel that I have not lost out in any way by canceling my gym membership ... in fact, I think I have gained!
4) Professional and enticing look -- I must say it catches people's eyes when they see this machine and a lot want to know, "What is it? Does it work? How does it work?" I still cannot get over the fact that I own one. It has a professional look to it, not the look of a cheap and flimsy machine that you can purchase anywhere else.
5) Colors -- Blue and black go great! It looks like a state of the art piece of equipment and feels as such too. (I am a girl, colors and the look is quite the winner on this one :-))

Some improved suggestions:
1) Wing attachment warning -- The wing/pull up bar is located under the Total Gym. When taking it apart, do NOT forget to pull it out. I completely did not realize and began to slide on the board, when it got stuck, I thought it was because of the Styrofoam under, so I forced the board forward, causing a small tear on one of the handle bars. (I am still bitter about that months later!)
2) Price -- I got a great deal on my machine when I purchased it a month and a half ago ... today, I see it went down quite a bit on price, so I am a little bummed about that, but still know that I got a good value for my money.


All in all, you get what you see, no gimmicks, and you will love it. If anything, consider your busy home/work/family life and put a time value on driving out to the gym to wait for some of the machines if not all. It's nice to NOT have to share and be able to get a decent workout. Total Gym has made a lifelong customer out of me and I regret it took me 6 years to get one.


More Customer Review Click Here


Related Products




*** Product Information and Prices Stored: Aug 27, 2010 18:38:03

No comments:

Post a Comment