Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Total Gym 1700 Club




Overview


The Total Gym 1700 Club gives you practically everything you need to start your own workout program to tone and strengthen the important muscle groups of your upper and lower body.


More Info Click Here


Customer Review


I was very pleased to see the box arrive at my door. It was heavy! So have a helper or be prepared to drag it in the house!

Assemble was a little confusing, but that could just be me. Got it all together and started right away. It glided easily and the adjustments to increase difficulty were/are easy to make.

I really like the machine. So why the 4 Rating? Well, after 3 months some plastic round things started dropping from the underside. I had no idea what it was and figured it was something on the bench because when I looked under it, I saw nothing missing or wrong. Two more months and now it is grinding metal to metal and will not "slide" as the plastic round things I am guessing, are either the wheels or protect the wheels; another round "cog" looking plastic thing fell and that is when it started grinding.

Amazon is no longer responsible to help me, I understand that. Trying to contact the Total Gym number from their website and am waiting on a return call. I am hoping to get a new set of "wheels" and that the repair will be easy.

The price here at Amazon.com is the BEST and I do not think this breakdown is due to that. I bet it would have happened if I spent over the 00 the Total Gym wanted for the same product from the infomercial.

I did not keep my papers from the box handy so need to look for it. There might be something in there for what to do in my situation.

Bottom-line:

Great price.
Moderate assembly skill/ time required.
Keep your information from the mfg. at hand.
If you see anything drop from it...call it in immediately.
Easy to use and is enjoyable.
TIE your long hair up...it will get caught in the pulley! [first hand knowledge on this one.]
It does take up a lot of room unless you fold it up every time you are done with it.

So there you have it.

If I get a resolution to my issue I will come back and let you know.

Best wishes and happy exercising!

Update:

The manufacture did call me back and sent me out new wheels without any hassle. My first issue was one wheel but then after about a month another wheel broke apart... thankfully they sent me a box of 4 wheel replacement parts.

Over the winter a new issue has come up. The little stoppers at the end of the bench that stop it from hitting the metal...see where the lady in the image has her knee? There are stoppers there on the rails. Well, one fell off. I think I am out of warranty and so am just living with it...not a big deal but thought I should let you know.


More Customer Review Click Here


Related Products




*** Product Information and Prices Stored: Aug 17, 2010 16:00:06

No comments:

Post a Comment