Friday, July 2, 2010

Bio Force 1.7 Home Gym




Overview


Bio Force® the ultimate in-home body shaping machine is unlike any home gym on the market today. It offers over 100 exercises and more weight (170lbs) with more features then ever imagined.


More Info Click Here


Customer Review


Like many other reviewers, I looked at many pieces of equipment, including the Bowflex, before buying the Bio Flex 1.7 from Amazon. I hesitated for many days before biting the bullet and buying it. The price was unbeatable, and with the free shipping, it was really a no-brainer!! I received it in 6 days (that was with the FREE budget shipping, no less!) Even though we were intimidated at the thought of putting this piece of equipment together, I had faith in the many reviews that stated the assembly instructions were well written and the pieces well organized. Luckily, this WAS the case!! My boyfriend put it together with NO problem!! Took about an hour to unload everything from the boxes, and 1-2 hours to (pretty effortlessly) put it together. And yes, ALL tools necessary to assemble the Bio Force were INCLUDED!

We've been using it for about a week now, and so far, we LOVE it!! The movement is SOOO smooth, and changing resistance is a SNAP! The book details 100+ exercises (yes, some of them are 'variations' on others, but PEOPLE... if you get 'bored' with this machine, there's a problem!!), and gives an explanation of how to perform each exercise, along with a mini diagram of the pulley placement for each exercise, as well.

My two complaints:

1. As at least one other reviewer noted, the instructional DVD isn't set up in a very organized manner. Though it does show the exercises grouped by muscle group... arms, legs, etc... it jumps around. First exercise, the seat comes off. Next, put the seat back on. Third, seat comes back off again, etc. It would have been better had they grouped the exercises so you were instructed on all the exercises with the seat on first, then all excercises with the seat off, etc. This is only an issue because of my second complaint:

2. While the seat goes off and on very easily, the pin that secures it in place is almost IMPOSSIBLE to push in completely. It's VERY aggravating to be switching exercises, and have to exert lots of time and energy (compounded with aggravation) trying to get that pin in securely!! The machine is designed SO well, I'm pretty baffled as to why they couldn't find an easier way to secure the seat on to the machine. Our resolution: Instead of the 'pin', we push a screwdriver through. Easier to do because you have the handle to help ease it through from one end to the other. (This may sound confusing, but will definitely make sense if you HAVE the machine, or get it and see for yourself). This is the ONLY thing preventing me from giving it 5 stars.

One other small 'aggravation', hardly worth mentioning, but I will! :-) The print and pictures in the book is very small and hard to read. I decided it was worth the time to photocopy the pages with the exercises, enlarging them. There are three exercises on each page, and now I have them on 11 x 17 sheets of paper, very large so I can see them easily without my reading glasses!! I plan to spend some time going through the many exercises and organizing a few different 'routines' for myself, so I have some variety.

I am NOT an exercise 'junkie', just a 45 year old mom trying to stay in shape. I do walk on the treadmill almost daily, and now, having this machine will allow me to build my strength. An added bonus for me... I'll be able to stretch out my shoulder and arm muscles, which is going to be great, as I broke my humerus (upper arm) many years ago, and have had shoulder/arm motion and strength issues ever since. I know the strength training will be the perfect compliment to my daily cardio. I love being able to exercise when I want, without having to take the time to drive somewhere!! I can plop in front of the TV and do my thing!!

HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommended!! Don't hesitate, go ahead and get the Bio Force 1.7. It's awesome!


More Customer Review Click Here


Related Products




*** Product Information and Prices Stored: Jul 02, 2010 03:19:06

No comments:

Post a Comment